OK, yeah, I totally just made that recipe name up.
Anyhoo, we’ve been taking advantage of all the great New York farmer’s markets and buying tons of fresh veggies/fruits. And the huzz-band has gotten quite good at mixing up new salads. We tried this one last night and it rocked.
- One large crisp apple, preferably Golden Crisp, sliced into very thin strips
- Various baby lettuce greens — not iceberg, people
- Bleu cheese crumbles
- Large Croutons
- 2 bundles green onions, largely slicing up white portions
- one ripe tomato, largely sliced and de-seeded
- one large carrot, sliced in long thin strips (using a peeler works best)
- one cucumber, sliced thin
- salad dressing of choice, a creamy Italian will work well
Mix all well with salad tongs. Serve w/ warm bread, if desired.