Believe it or not, sometimes I run out of things to say. That’s when I take the easy way out and post a random pretty (archive) photo. Or recipe.
Here’s one of each:
Mariachis at friends’ wedding.
Recipe: South Texas Fruit Cup, Joy-style
Ingredients (best served with pre-chilled fruits)
– Watermelon, sliced into bite-size squares
– Cantaloupe, ditto on the slicing
– Strawberries, sliced in half
– Pineapple, bite-size slices, too
– Optional: Coconut slices or shavings & any other melon. Note that citrus fruits don’t work too well in this, flavor-wise.)
– Lime juice. Fresh is best, but bottled works OK too
Directions: Mix fruit up, and drizzle generously with chile powder, salt and lime. Serve in large cups with a fork, like this.