In 11 days, I will celebrate my first wedding anniversary. (Warning to mi esposo: Cringe-alert!)
More importantly, it will also basically mark six years of being with Brendan, mas o menos a few days.
I found a CD tonight, one that I made for Brendan when I learned five years ago (mas o menos) that he was moving to Neuva York. I was distraught and depressed. I thought I was losing the love of my life. And that’s reflected in the choice of songs. Some are even too personal (yes, there is such a thing) to write about in this post. But here’s a few. Even now, I am wowed by my song selection.
1. “Saying Goodbye,” sung by the Muppets on the Muppets Take Manhattan (truly a heartbreaking song, and about as ironic as it gets, considering.)
2. “Falling in Love” by Lisa Loeb
3. “Girl of My Dreams” by Beck
4. “Love of My Life” by Erykah Badu
5. “Big Poppa” by Notorious BIG
6. “Wild Horses” by The Rolling Stones
7. “I’ll Stand By You” by The Pretenders
8. “Minneapolis” by That Dog
9. “Do You Love Me Now?” by The Breeders
10. “Blue Eyes Cryin’ In the Rain” by our Lord in Heaven-on-Earth, Willie Nelson. (A playlist now would instead have “Pancho and Lefty.”)