Texas…Mexico…Minnesota…and of course, New York…it’s so great to have fantastic friends where ever we go!
Thanks to Connie for this beautiful set of photographs during my trip to New York City last week. There’s nothing quite so comforting and relaxing as hanging out with the ones you love.
I managed to scribble down a few funny things we said while drinking wine and enjoying John’s spicy boiled shrimp:
- On John’s next recipe (inspired by a trip to Martha’s Country Bakery), he declared he would try making “shrimp cupcakes, hush puppy style.”
- “Do I unsheath the Bigfoot?” – John contemplating his high school job at Pizza Hut, which involved tempting situations at the trash dumpster as he stood there, throwing out two-foot-long pizzas.
- “My name is Dora” — The chorus for the rap video we’re going to film inside Mohammed’s bodega near Dora’s house.
- Somehow, discussions between Brenda, Dora and me always come back to David Bowie in the film “The Labyrinth“. (And a video for the truly addicted)
- “Well, this has Charlie puke on it” — Dora looking for a blanket when the couch potatoes got cold.
- Stephanie’s sea sponge <– warning: a link that’s not for the faint of heart. Seriously.
- On Spa Castle, while directing a flaky cab driver: “It’s the building with the hand of god pointing at it.”
And the winner goes to…..ADAM: